Monday, October 11, 2010

Pork Chop with Apple and Caramel Sauce

We went apple picking last weekend at Elegant Farmer at Mukwonago, WI. We picked about ten pounds worth of red delicious and spartan apples. Since my husband and I don't usually eat that much apple, I was thinking of creative, new ideas to incorporate apples in new forms other than apple pies. I have always known that apple goes well with pork, so I searched for a pork chop recipe using some apples. I found a pretty simple recipe at Allrecipes. This is my first attempt at making pork chop, so please be kind. :)

This is the first pork chop recipe I found that does not bread and fry the pork chop, which made me happy. I was eager to try it. Making the caramel sauce was the tricky part, because when the sauce was left a little bit too long on the fire, it crystalized and became hardened. Overall, I am very pleased with the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment