Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chinese New Year Meal(s)

By now, I have not celebrated Chinese New Year with my family for more than a decade. So I am doing what I can, living just with my hubby. For the last 3 years, I made a hot pot (Asian-style fondue) with different flavors of broth. I made the tom yum flavored broth last year and the year before. This year I decided to try something different and simpler, as I was hosting my parents in-law who don't really like spicy food. I made the broth from miso paste and hon-dashi.

As you can see from the pictures below, I had some bok choy, fried tofu, regular fish cakes, lemongrass-flavored fish cakes, beef tendon balls, pork balls, enoki mushrooms, another kind of wild mushroom and some thinly sliced beef tenderloin. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment